Are you looking for an easy, healthy lunch idea you can pack up and take to work? Or a simple dinner you can pull out of the fridge when you get home after a busy day? Here is an idea – Easy Asian Noodle Salad. This recipe features Steph’s Baked Tofu, but feel free to experiment with other ingredients… this is one of those salads to make when you’ve got a few too many veggies in the fridge, or some left-over rotisserie chicken to use up, or whatever!
This salad will last up to four days in the refrigerator if you:
1. Use some willpower.
2. Go light on the dressing.
- 4 oz. whole-wheat thin spaghetti (2 cups cooked)
- 2 cups Steph's Baked Tofu*
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- ½ cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced (or grated) carrot
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup peanuts
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (green & white parts)
- Simple Asian dressing (recipe follows)**
- * If you don't want to make your own baked tofu, substitute store bought or substitute cooked chicken, beef, pork or even prawns.
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. creamy peanut butter
- ¼ to ½ tsp. chile flakes
- (Note: Feel free to substitute any bottled Asian dressing you like in this recipe.)
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool completely. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tofu, carrots, bell pepper, cilantro, peanuts and green onion. Toss with dressing until well combined. This salad will refrigerate well for up to four days.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well to combine.