Happy post-Thanksgiving eating, everyone. Yes, it’s time for leftovers and a trip to the gym. 🙂
But first a HUGE congratulations to WSU for wining the Apple Cup yesterday. After 8 straight loses, the season ended on a positive note and it was just what we needed to hold us over until next year. GO COUGS!
Today is another really big college football day with a bunch of major rivalry games happening. We’ll be watching the Oregon vs Oregon State game for sure, and we’ll also be eating these delicious Curry Turkey Salad Sliders – one of my favorite ways to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
How about you? Any turkey leftovers in your fridge?
I talked to Joy earlier and she’s made a Turkey Chowder that sounds amazing. What will you be making?
- 1 cup diced turkey
- ⅔ cup diced Honeycrisp Apple
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. sweet yellow onion, minced
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tsp. curry powder (depending on your taste)
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slider rolls
- Combine the turkey, apple, hazelnuts, celery, parsley and onion in a medium bowl. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cider vinegar and curry powder. Mix well.
- Stir the mayonnaise into the turkey mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on slider rolls with mayonnaise, sliced apples and lettuce if desired.