This frosting recipe makes a big batch – perfect for generously frosting 24 Coconut Lime Cupcakes.
|Cream Cheese Frosting with Lime||
Recipe Type: Dessert, Frosting
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- zest of two limes
- 1 1.2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 3/4 pounds confectioners sugar, sifted
- In the bowl of an stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed, cream together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and lime zest until well combined.
- Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar and mix until smooth.
- If frosting is too thin, gradually add in a little more confectioners sugar until you reach the desired texture.