Sometimes, life gives you opportunities to try to make a difference. In this case, it’s also giving me an opportunity to move outside my comfort zone. And, according to this graphic:
This is where the magic happens! So, here goes…
September is CMT Awareness Month and I have CMT (that wasn’t so bad). The thing is, I’ve never wanted it to define me and there is nothing I can do about it, so I just don’t talk about it. But, therein lies the problem. If nobody talks about it, then it remains the most common disease that no one knows about. My hope is that by talking about it I can make a difference and raise awareness of this frustrating and life-changing disease. Not only will people understand when I explain that I walk funny because I have CMT, but with greater awareness comes more funding to find a cure.
Here’s what I’m doing to help raise awareness of CMT:
- I’ve created this page to explain CMT and how it has affected me. It would mean a lot to me if you would take the time to read it and help me increase awareness of this disease.
- I will also be sharing recipes and cooking tips with the CMT community via the National CMT Resource Center.
If you have any questions for me, or ideas to spread the word and raise funds for CMT research, please let me know! I’m ready to watch the magic happen
Speaking of “magic”, check out this delicious chocolate cake that only uses one pan and is ready in just 45 minutes. I made it for Toby’s birthday last night and he loved it!
|Magic Chocolate Cake|| |
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 5 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- Powdered sugar and ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray an 8x8" baking dish with pan coating.
- Sift dry ingredients directly into the baking dish.
- Make three craters - 1 large and two small.
- Pour the oil into the large crater.
- Pour the vanilla and vinegar into the smaller craters.
- Stir to blend well.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Slice and enJOY!