|Cheddar Cornmeal Crackers||
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, cold, cut into 8 pieces
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Place dry ingredients into the work bowl of a food processor and pulse until combined.
- With the food processor running, gradually add the butter pieces until the mixture looks like wet sand.
- Add the cheese, water and vinegar and pulse to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into two sections. Working with one at a time, place the dough on a piece of plastic wrap and roll it into a log shape. Wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour, or up to 2 months.
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Remove a cheese log from the refrigerator, slice into 1/8″ slices. Place the slices onto a parchment covered baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned on the edges. EnJOY!