Some people refer to this recipe as “Faux” or “Mock” Mashed Potatoes, but let’s call a spade a spade – this is cauliflower! And what’s wrong with that? Cauliflower is delicious, good for you, and has fewer calories and carbs than a potato. Even the most finicky vegetable eater in the house (Marvin) loves this recipe.
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp. light cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped chives
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Clean the cauliflower and cut into small pieces. Add the cauliflower to the boiling water and cook until very tender - 6 to 8 minutes. Drain cooked cauliflower in a colander and let it sit for 2 minutes to dry out. Place the cauliflower, cream cheese, butter, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt and pepper into a food processor, and blend until smooth. Stir in the fresh chopped chives and season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve as a healthy alternative to mashed potatoes.