I think I’ve mentioned that I’m not a huge fan of left-overs? I just find it boring to eat the same thing over and over, again. But, I’m also not a fan of wasting perfectly good food. Since I’m often preparing meals for myself, I’m now making it a challenge to create a new item from my left-overs. Sometimes, it’s an epic fail (pizza grilled cheese sandwich).
This time, however, I think I hit a home run. I had Corn Salsa Salad (no avocado, no dressing) in the refrigerator from the other night, and I wanted to make a nice salad for my lunch with Cara and the kids. Add BBQ spice rubbed/grilled chicken, crunchy romaine and jicama and a simple dressing…delicious!
|BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad||
- About 3 cups of left-over Corn Salsa Salad
- 1 cup fresh avocado, diced
- 1 cup jicama, diced
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 BBQ spice rubbed/grilled chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- Stir together the Corn Salsa Salad, jicama, and fresh avocado in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Ranch dressing and BBQ Sauce.
- Lightly dress and toss the salad.
- Top with diced chicken, tomatoes and a drizzle of BBQ sauce.