I never say no to bacon. Never. Which is why I just had to try out an idea I saw this week on RecipeGirl.com…
Homemade griddle cakes loaded with crisp bacon, corn, and green onion, spiced with a little cayenne to heat things up. Top these with warm maple syrup and taste a little bacon bliss. If you love bacon, you will love this recipe!
- 1 12 oz. package bacon cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- warm maple syrup
- In a medium skillet cook the bacon pieces until they are crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- While bacon is cooking, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in the milk, egg, and oil until mixture is combined. Set aside ¼ cup bacon and ¼ cup green onion for garnishing. Stir in the remaining bacon and green onion and the cheddar cheese. The batter will be thick. If you’d like your cakes a little thinner, add more milk to get the desired consistency.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet and grease or spray with non-stick spray. Ladle batter onto the griddle and cook until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Serve griddle cakes with warm maple syrup and garnish with green onion and bacon.