After making the fava bean salad from Hell last week (can I say that? It’s true…), I decided there must be a better, faster, easier, and just as tasty salad out there waiting to be discovered. Sometimes you just have to make one up yourself…
Here is the new recipe. No peeling fava beans. Yea!!
- 2 cups fresh, clean arugula leaves
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp. fennel fronds
- 2 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (both green & white parts)
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- juice from ½ lemon
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Combine arugula, edamame, bacon, green onion, and parmesan cheese in a salad bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Toss the dressing into the salad and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately.